26 June 2010

Meet the Bakers/Rencontrer les Patissiers: Wheels and Lollipops


Sharlene of Wheels and Lollipops wrote to us: I started food blogging in March of this year as a way to share my passion for food and baking with others. One of my favorite places to be is in the kitchen, something that I inherited from my mom who shares her love for her family and friends by her cooking.I've had the opportunity to live in Trinidad and Tobago (where I'm originally from) the US (North Carolina and Atlanta, GA) and now France, with these trips I've learned about the richness of each of their baking and cooking traditions which have contributed to the foods that I make. Cupcakes and cakes have always fasincated me, I remember looking through my mom's recipes for Cupcakes and making them as surprises for my friends and family.



Now that I'm a mom of two little ones 4 and 1, I also want to pass down the knowledge and create with my own kids those special moments that I had as as child. When I heard about the Cupcake Camp I was thrilled to see that this little cake was making its mark in the French baking arena. Definitely not a professional baker, but one that loves to see that smile on someone that's presented with cupcakes.



For the celebrations, I'll be bringing variations of that special yellow cupcake as well as margarita cupcakes and maybe a chocolate one thrown in to the mix . I will be entering the All American Cupcake as well as the Summer Inspired Cupcake contests.



Thanks, Sharlene and we look forward to finally meeting you at Cupcake Camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment